Paramore reschedules L.A. concert due to COVID-19 but sets spooky makeup date
Friday, March 31, 2020
Ava DuVernay, who directs an upcoming series of films about Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath of the attack on New Orleans, cancelled her tour of North America last week due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Ava DuVernay, who directed a recent documentary about Hurricane Katrina and the post-invasion cleanup, has cancelled her tour of North America and canceled production of her television show DuVernay, which is to air April 16, 2020.
On March 24, 2020, DuVernay’s production company, Plan B, announced that production of the television series DuVernay had been “postponed indefinitely.” DuVernay had just completed a five-city North American tour and had been scheduled to return home for a two-month break in April.
According to DuVernay, COVID-19 “has made it very difficult” for her to be out in public.
DuVernay, who has directed the films Mississippi and The New World, explained she had been “working around the clock to figure out the next steps.” She said:
While I’m disappointed, I have to realize the extraordinary measures we, as Americans, have to make certain that people can continue to eat and stay safe and healthy.
DuVernay said of her cancellation of the North American tour, in a statement:
While I love performing live, and I wish I could extend my stay in North America, as a citizen of the world, I have to protect myself and my family and continue to keep my health and the health of those around me first and foremost.
I look forward to returning to the U.S. in the fall, but I can’t just ignore the health and safety protocols in place to minimize the risks from the current pandemic. While I’